Glenn R. Reiser represents property owners and mortgage lenders in residential real estate foreclosure proceedings throughout the entire State of New Jersey.
Mortgage foreclosure is a complicated process. For homeowners it is critical to hire competent legal counsel once foreclosure proceedings have been filed. Indeed, New Jersey's foreclosure law gives homeowners a limited time period following the filing of a foreclosure complaint to pursue a loan modification through the mediation program offered by the Superior Court of New Jersey. Thus, it is important for homeowners to act quickly to protect their rights.
Experienced Foreclosure Representation
For more than 20 years LoFaro & Reiser has ably assisted homeowners facing the dim prospect of losing their family home. Since our firm also has extensive experience representing lenders in residential foreclosure proceedings, we know the law and procedures that are available to help homeowners who are in distress, including Chapter 13 bankruptcy which our firm also handles.
Our NJ residential mortgage foreclosure practice includes:
- Bankruptcy Court representation in Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and Chapter 13
- Representing lenders in contested foreclosures involving counterclaims for violations of the Truth in Lending Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and RESPA violations
- Foreclosure mediation: Representing borrowers in foreclosure mediation proceedings in the Superior Court of New Jersey
- Representing prospective purchasers at foreclosure sales
- Motions to vacate sheriff sales
- Motions to vacate tax foreclosure judgments
- Motions to vacate final judgments in foreclosure
If you are a New Jersey property owner or loan officer at a bank or financial institution and are in need of competent New Jersey foreclosure counsel, complete our online form today. One of our experienced New Jersey foreclosure attorneys will respond within 24 – 48 hours. For emergent matters please call 201-870-4938.